America's REAL Drug Problem

By Dr. Common Sense

Sugar – America’s Real Drug Problem


In recent days I’ve stumbled across articles debating the validity of claims that High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is worse for your body than natural sugar. This debate has the corn growers in a panic. A campaign was launched by the Corn Growers Association (I’m sure the Sugar Growers Association is drafting their response as I type this) to combat this rumor.

Now let’s look at a different “better for you” debate; crack vs. cocaine. You might ask yourself, “What do these drugs have to do with sweeteners?” HFCS and Sugar have so many negative impacts on the human body I can’t for the life of me comprehend two people arguing which is better (told you I could relate this back to my drug comment above).

I know I know – a world without sugar, it will NEVER happen and you are right in thinking that. But maybe we could reduce our consumption like removing soda machines from schools or replacing the office vending machine with an alternative to candy bars and M&Ms; just a thought!

In the gym I see mushroom tops and spare tires chugging down Vitamin Water (33g of sugar) and Gatorade (56g of sugar) after an almost sweat breaking treadmill walk. I may be wrong, but I doubt they are burning off the amount of calories consumed in that single drink, not to mention the effect on this has on their insulin levels.

I am not advocating for the extermination of sugar in food and drink products, rather I’m asking that people educate themselves on the impact of HFCS and sugar on the human body.

Sorry Mr. Corn Grower and Ms. Sugar Queen, your products are making American’s fat, lazy and dead. It’s time for Change (boy that’s getting old)!
Say no to drugs! Say no to sugar!


 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?